Explore the cultural legacy of the gauchos on a 9-hour trip to the tiny town of San Antonio de Areco in the Argentine Pampas. Discover Argentinian traditions, meet local craftsmen, and enjoy fine arts.
You will be guided by a team of local people, who are passionate about their historic town. All activities are designed to demonstrate traditional customs in the historic streets of the town and estancia (ranch). Dance the night away to the beat of folkloric music. Eat local cuisine, passed down from generation to generation, at an authentic asado (barbecue). Or simply lounge in the sun by one of the 2 on-site pools.
There are many other activities and attractions to choose from during the day, such as gauco demonstrations on horseback, silversmith workshops, and visits to the old “pulperias” (gaucho bars).
Nestled in lush farmlands on the outskirts of Buenos Aires, San Antonio de Areco was described by Lonely Planet as “probably the prettiest town in the Pampas.”
• Round-trip transportation in cars or executive vans
• All activities and transfers within the town of San Antonio de Areco
• Bilingual tour guide for all activities
• Museum tickets
• Lunch of Argentinian barbecue (asado), including salads and alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
• All the activities at the estancia: horseback riding, carriage ride, bike riding, 2 swimming pools (November to March), folkloric music, demonstration of gaucho skills on horseback, explanation of countryside customs